Types of Doula & Lactation Services
Pregnant and nursing moms ask me what kinds of services I provide. Here is the answer for women in the Pittsburgh area:
– Birth Doula: I meet with moms before their births to help them prepare for birth and breastfeeding, during birth I labor with them continuously, after birth I help them start their breastfeeding relationship and bring them their birth story and birth photos. I am a doula with “Heart and Hands” Doula Services.
– Postpartum Doula: I help moms postpartum, mostly by supporting their breastfeeding relationship and helping them transition into their new life with baby.
– Breastfeeding Classes: I teach small breastfeeding classes and also individual couple classes.
– Postpartum Lactation Help: As a lactation consultant (IBCLC), I help new moms with breastfeeding support and also to overcome breastfeeding difficulties.
– Doula Training: I assist Jan Mallak training doulas through DONA international.
– Belly Casts: I make belly casts for pregnant women who want a beautiful memento.
– Blessingway Ceremonies: I help moms plan to have a blessingway ceremony. It is a beautiful way for a mom-to-be’s friends to support her in her journey to becoming a mom.
– La Leche League Leader: I run The Strip District La Leche League meeting. We meet the first Wednesday of the month at 11:30 AM at my house. La Leche League meetings are always free. Pregnant moms and nursing moms with babies are always welcome.
If you are a mom in the Pittsburgh area and I can help you, email me at: firstname.lastname@example.org