Meeting Tips and Tools:
- Making a topic sing to you: The best way to make a topic sing to you is to care about it, not to have to discuss it. So when a topic is singing to you, make a meeting plan about it then and use it later, when you need it.
- Use books that inspire you and will introduce moms to books in your LLL group library: Doulas’ Guide to Birthing Your Way is the perfect choice for this.
- Use the LLL Website ideas page and then, submit ideas to LLL ideas page
- Visit a neighboring group to hear a new perspective
- Use the last five minutes of your next meeting to ask moms what ideas they would like to discuss next time.
- Use the holiday of the month as a starting point (MLK example)
- Download some pretty pictures to make the handouts fun. Dover Publications and Wiki Commons are two sources for free pictures.
Meeting Topics You Might Like
Each of these topics I have written about on this site. You can search for the ones which interest you as a starting point for you own meetings.
Beer and Breastfeeding.
Let’s Have a Breastfeeding Cafe
If Breastmilk was a common substance…
15 Ways to get sleep with your baby…
Surgeon General Supports LLL
Why I Boycott Nestle…
Breastfeeding Dyads – Why Breastfeeding is a Relationship, Not Just Nutrition
Nursing Lying Down: Techniques for Success to Increase Your Sleep!
Thank You For Nursing In Public!
Breastfeeding’s Rule of Fours: 4 Yellow Seedy Stools, By the 4th Day, For the First 4 Weeks!
SIDS and Mamatoto
Hand Expression: Techniques and Use Before Birth
Hindmilk and Foremilk: What is the difference?
Breastfeeding Twins: Techniques and Support
Breastfeeding and the Law
Worldwide Breastfeeding Art
Breastfeeding Place Awards and Nursing in Public
What Nursing Means to Me…